Let me take this opportunity to brag about my husband a bit... I know I'm biased, but he's the best, really. He takes the celebration of special occasions very seriously, in that, he plans carefully, thoughtfully, and secretly. He's tight-lipped when it comes to sharing plans; he never tells me a thing. He loves to surprise me whether it be with a gift or activity, and I love and hate this at the same time. I hate it because I'm such a planner and usually get slightly stressed about being uninformed of details like time, place, and what to wear! Mostly I love surprises from Steve because this is his way of making me feel special and showing me just how much he loves me. And boy do I feel loved! So for my 25th birthday, he threw me a surprise party with our friends from homegroup! We celebrated by stuffing our faces with steamed crabs and shrimp smothered in old bay, homemade hush puppies, cake (which Steve baked) and of course, ice cream! This was a legit crabfest too, we're talking a 'lay out the newspaper, roll up your sleeves, grab your crackers, and dig in before Tom eats all the crabs' kind of party! I love love love seafood especially crabs. I also love being surrounded by good friends, so this was a perfect way to celebrate my 25th birthday. Thanks hubby! Thanks homegroup! And thanks Amanda for taking me running and getting me nice and sweaty for my party ;)
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
My crabby birthday
Let me take this opportunity to brag about my husband a bit... I know I'm biased, but he's the best, really. He takes the celebration of special occasions very seriously, in that, he plans carefully, thoughtfully, and secretly. He's tight-lipped when it comes to sharing plans; he never tells me a thing. He loves to surprise me whether it be with a gift or activity, and I love and hate this at the same time. I hate it because I'm such a planner and usually get slightly stressed about being uninformed of details like time, place, and what to wear! Mostly I love surprises from Steve because this is his way of making me feel special and showing me just how much he loves me. And boy do I feel loved! So for my 25th birthday, he threw me a surprise party with our friends from homegroup! We celebrated by stuffing our faces with steamed crabs and shrimp smothered in old bay, homemade hush puppies, cake (which Steve baked) and of course, ice cream! This was a legit crabfest too, we're talking a 'lay out the newspaper, roll up your sleeves, grab your crackers, and dig in before Tom eats all the crabs' kind of party! I love love love seafood especially crabs. I also love being surrounded by good friends, so this was a perfect way to celebrate my 25th birthday. Thanks hubby! Thanks homegroup! And thanks Amanda for taking me running and getting me nice and sweaty for my party ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment