Penny is growing like a weed and also likes to eat weeds and mulch and dirt. And, boy, does she like to dig! She has her spot underneath the deck where she's allowed to dig to her heart's content. She's made significant progress for a 14 week old puppy! I tell the kids she's digging to China :) It's hilarious to walk out back and see only dirt flying up from the other side of the deck.
Riley aka Slim Jim is doing great and has lost over 15lbs in the last few months! He's a lean 75lbs and is now in the maintain stage of his diet. I'm shocked at how fit he is! Although he snags Penny's food and treats every now and then, he's managed to lose the necessary weight, keep it off, and keep up with the pup. The part dry/part wet food diet really worked for him. And the best part is the limp is completely gone! Even after he hiked 10 miles a couple weekends ago, no limp! I am so proud of Riley boy and confident that he will continue to be active and healthy for many years to come.
Steve has been seriously stressed with work :( He still likes his job at CapTech, but he is currently adjusting to a new project as well as doing boat loads of work for his CapTech U project. Long hours + overtime + deadlines + new managers + new and different expectations + little sleep = one exhausted and overwhelmed Snorris. He's hoping for some relief this weekend.
We are also preparing for a mission trip to Nicaragua with the high school youth group. That's right, we are taking a group of teenagers to a third world country for 8 days in the name of Jesus! It sounds crazy, it is crazy, but we are confident in the Lord's guidance and protection. I will share more on this in a later post.School is out, which means that I am with the kiddos 10 hours/day Monday-Friday, oh yeah! Day 1 of summer was horrible, I mean horrible... not listening, telling me 'no', fighting, throwing fits, unruliness, arguing, complaining, etc etc. It was a hard day to say the least, however the week has improved with each day, praise God! I think getting into a routine will help calm things down (it already has) as well as swimming at the pool as often as we can. I also know they need some time to adjust to being together again ALL the time EVERY day. And I know that I could use a heavy dose of patience during this transition time. I absolutely see the need to be praying, repenting, and relying on God constantly so I can act out of love and not frustration. I believe this summer is going to be a blast even with the rocky beginning. These next few months will be my last nannying these kids. My term with the Rai family will officially end in September when Zubin moves on to kindergarten and they are both in school all day. It's kind of sad to think about, but it's time for a new season of life for all of us. And I know we'll stay connected as we have grown so close over the last 2 years.
Breaking News -- I just accepted a job offer for the fall at.......... our church! Starting in September I will serve as the HR & Finance Administrator for West End Presbyterian Church! I am honored, humbled, and incredibly encouraged to have been asked to fill this role. Steve & I are praising the Lord for his provision and grace. This is a HUGE blessing!
In other unrelated news, the kids and I rescued a dog from the side of the road the other day -- it was actually the only redeeming factor of our first day of summer. The little black & white french bulldog named Lolly hurried over when we stopped and hopped right in the car without hesitation. The kids just ate her up! They instantly asked, "Can she stay with us all day? Pleeeease." We ended up driving her home shortly thereafter. The reunion was awesome. I'm glad we all got to witness that :)Finally, we enjoyed a wonderful Father's Day weekend with Steve's parents. It was relaxing and filled with just enough activity including visiting Barboursville Vineyards and Monticello and eating at Buzz and Ned's, Richmond's best BBQ spot. We enjoyed their company more than anything else, and all of us agreed that we need to eliminate or move the state of Maryland so that Richmond and Philly could be just a little closer.
3 comments:
Congrats on the job!!! That's so exciting!!
Thanks so much!
Such awesome news about your new job at WEPC!! So happy for you - congrats girl. Good luck with the kids; it seems like a hard job but sounds like you're doing awesome!! I'd LOVE to have you as my nanny.
Post a Comment