Thursday, August 9, 2012

Breaking Bad

aka my new favorite show, but that's not what this post is about. I'm referring to Penny recently breaking out some bad habits. 

Exhibit A:

We lost the battle of keeping dogs off the couch a long time ago. But the bed? No, no, no. Dogs are not allowed on the bed except on super special occasions when I happen to be feeling a little generous and even then only for a short snuggle time, that's it. Then it's off to their own beds. That's why we bought dog beds.

But look.at.that.face. Those eyes know just how to melt my heart. I couldn't help taking a photo. And I didn't have the heart to tell her to get off. So much for consistency and sticking to my guns! Call me an enabler if you will. Once in a while I just want to be the fun parent.

We sure do love our little long-nosed lab... "bad" habits and all

3 comments:

Meredith said...

hahaha... we too have lost the battle of the couch, and occasionally the bed. The worst part? Aslan cannot jump into the bed himself. You read that right. We have to lift him in. But he just gives us that terrible face just like Penny's, rests his head on the edge... how can you say no?! Help, I'm an enabling dog parent.

snorris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
snorris said...

I let Penny and Riley on the bed any chance I get.