Mileage: long
run = 6, week total = 16 (last week my total was 24, so this week is a welcome break)
Physical: Earlier this week, my legs were relentlessly achy. The back to back
23+ mile weeks just about did me in. I could barely peel myself off the couch
on Sunday afternoon let alone run a mile. I did all the right things: stretched
before & after runs, iced when needed, drank plenty of fluids, but I think
the sheer distance over the last 2 weeks took its toll. At this point, after much
needed rest, I feel better and ready to hit the pavement again. I am, however,
thanking the good Lord in heaven that we have reached the tapering stage. No
more really long runs until race day.
Mental: I can do this! During training week 11, we ran a full half, 13.1 miles.
It went well, very well. I wanted to run the full distance prior to the race to
take the edge off a bit, to go into race day with more confidence, to know for
certain ‘I can do this.’ Running the full half (on a Saturday morning) also
helped me to know what time to get up and how long I should stretch as well as
what to eat pre- and mid-run and when to refuel and rehydrate. I say, “Race
day, bring it on!”
I don’t exactly have
a time goal, but I’m going to do my best to run 10 minute or less miles.
Marriage: Besides the time I darted off and left Steve in the dust at the start
of a long run because of his complaining and the time he ran out the door
without a word to avoid my extreme grumpiness after waking up late one day, we’re
doing well. What can I say? Marriage is a constant work in progress, and we are currently working
on extending grace to one another in these situations rather than running away,
quite literally. Overall, we have enjoyed training “together”, and we’re both
eagerly anticipating the race.
We
can do this!
1 comment:
Way to go, Helene! The finish line (I mean the starting line...) is in sight! You will do amazing on race day, and all of your great training is going to pay off. So close!!
Post a Comment