Thursday, November 7, 2013

From closing to Cloudburst

We've made major progress on the exterior of our house! Still work to be done (as always with a house, I'm learning) but progress nonetheless. Check it out:

Closing Day:



Progress:

Roof replaced (after a giant branch from the oak speared it), gutters removed, rotted fascia boards replaced (didn't know what those were until now), magnolia removed (it's so much brighter in our house!), painting about to commence.



More progress:

Shutters & siding painted, gutters installed, gutter guards installed (also important), grass planted and sprinklers rigged, storm door removed.



Even more:

 Front door removed, new door installed, front door painted a cheery shade of blue. The color is Cloudburst from Sherwin Williams, doesn't it just make you smile? We knew we wanted a pop of color, something bright but not tacky, something fun not boring, and something welcoming that said, "Come on in, we're glad you're here." I think we found what we were looking for.

Ain't she pretty?

Eventually, a storm door will be installed like this one...
http://www.vintagedoors.com/screen.html
 It will also be painted Cloudburst. We still need to paint the door frame & inside of the front door and also install a few pieces of hardware. I had hoped to have the door project complete by Sunday for our Open House, but rarely do my plans and reality coincide. This hope shall not come to pass, however we are thrilled to open our door to friends & family this weekend!

1 comment:

daniel.and.stefanie said...

Helene! I love love all the updates of your home! I am going to do a series soon, too... but we haven't done Nearly as much work. Painting.. and taking down wall paper.. that's about it!! Can I get your address of your new place? ( you can email me.. beattisl@gmail.com :)