Not the bean, the mouse. Pinto formerly known as Mickey. Here he is...
That little guy was the white elephant gift from the WEPC staff Christmas party that we had the privilege of bringing home. Yes, a live mouse. Actually, a Fancy Mouse according to the brochure that accompanied him. I guess that means he is not supposed to be snake food. What did we do with him, you ask? We gave him one night in the Norris home then mercifully returned him to the pet store before he became dog food.
Steve did the deed of returning the rodent. The sales associate at the pet store was less than thrilled to receive an unwanted mouse... in a tupperware container no less. She spoke to Steve as if he should bear great shame for failing to meet the needs of one of God's smallest, most vulnerable creatures. "You received him as a gift," she said in near disbelief. "I'm going to have to call my manager." When the manager came, the sales associate explained the situation... speaking directly to the manager yet hurling great snowballs of shame at Steve. Irritated and out of ideas, "I guess we'll take him back," the manager said. Turning to Steve she added, "We just want what's best for the mouse."
1 comment:
I'm laughing out loud. Shame on both of you. Can't wait to hear the story in person... Tonight!!!!!!!! xo
Post a Comment