Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What's new

What's new with the Norrises? Well, we're enjoying life, specifically life in Richmond, more of our friends are having babies!, we are considering renting a house this year not to fill it with babies rather to gain a little more space and more importantly to serve further (we love entertaining and inviting people into our home - a one bedroom apartment, although cozy, makes that difficult at times), I joined a book club, Steve loves his job (that's right loves) as do I, but I am keeping my eyes open for other opportunities since this job will end in September when the kids go to school (suggestions are welcome), we're training for the 10k at the end of the month, I will walk it but I am able to run for 30 minutes now! (with a break in the middle), I had my last physical therapy session last week. And let me pause right here and say how thankful I am for my physical therapist and the techs. They offered invaluable help and encouragement throughout my recovery. They pushed me and instructed me well, and they really served as a blessing! Phil. 1:3 says it well, "I thank my God every time I remember you." Thanks, in part, to those at Advanced Orthopaedic including my surgeon, I have not forgotten him!, I am back to a regular exercise routine feeling strong and confident. And boy does it feel good to work up a sweat again!

Also, my mom and aunt, Gigi, came to visit recently, which was sooo fun! There were many a stories told followed by many a loud outbursts of laughter! I've inherited my mother's laugh, how did this happen? So after hearing stories of how Mom and her sister tortured one another as they grew up, I've deemed myself best sister ever! at least in comparison to either of them. Natalie, you should be very grateful that I never left you stranded on a street corner for HOURS while I ran off with my friends (and that's not even close to the worst of it!), haha! Well, I'm glad they've reconciled. Those two are quite the pair, and it was so special to spend time with them here in Richmond. They really got the Richmond experience too... a stroll along the Canal walk, lattes at Shockoe Espresso, drinks at The Jefferson, and dinner at Davis & Main. We had a big ole sleepover at our house on Saturday night and enjoyed church and then lunch at Kuba Kuba on Sunday. What a splendid weekend, great weather but better company!

3 comments:

The Kriegers said...

Who all is having babies?!

h. no. said...

haha! No one from school, but our home group friends along with Steve's best friend from high school, crazy!

Michelle said...

Ohhhh! I have a story for you!!