Thursday, December 9, 2010

Heat

It was a typical Monday evening, and I was on my way home from work totally unsuspecting of any problem at home. When I walked into the house, Steve was completely bundled up sitting in the office looking miserable, Riley trotted over to me excitedly, pressed his body against my legs, and stared up at me with sad eyes and icicles hanging from his nose, and I, seeing my own breath as I greeted each of them, immediately knew what was wrong... the heat was broken! Ok ok, so Riley wasn't really chilled to the bone with icicles hanging from his nose, but it sure was coooolllldddd in there for every person and beast! Steve had already called our landlord, who promised a contractor would come by the next day to check things out and hopefully fix the problem. Steve & I agreed that there was no way the three of us could survive for the night in our old, little house with no heat and the temperature continuing to drop, so what did we do? We called Tom & Amanda Krieger for a sleepover! They were gracious enough to let us stay for as long as we needed. We were thankful for their hospitality, but we were also thankful that the heat was fixed the next day, so we only stayed one night. And let me tell you, Brigham was mighty glad about that, since Riley spent every waking hour terrorizing the poor cat! Needless to say, we are incredibly grateful for friends like the Kriegers as well as heat in our own home!

No comments: