Monday, January 23, 2012

Things I've learned recently...

1) Part of a pencil eraser is a good substitute for an earring back.

2) Penny is not totally trustworthy out of the crate during the work day. She did very well for 2 weeks. In fact, here's a blurb from an email I sent Steve on one of her first non-crate days --
Penny did beautifully this morning (both dogs seemed to have remained on their respective perches the whole time). We played fetch in the back, ate some treats, went potty (all of us did these things actually), and I left her out again this afternoon. So proud.

And then one day we came home to this...



Apparently she got bored. R.I.P. Cooking Light.

3) Microsoft Excel is more powerful than I ever thought! How have I gone this long without knowing how to use the format painter or autofill!?

4) My hair is in bad health. I got a long lecture from my Dad while he cut my hair. He asked, "Are you going for the Woodstock look or what?" My hair = dry, thin, abounding in split ends. My dad was appalled! He suggested... a new fryer, I mean dryer, and that I
stop twirling my hair (an impossible task!)

5) Pork is more tender and tasty when cooked with the bone in. See recipe to the right.

6) Steve is more flexible than I ever thought. He actually accomplished the below 'Minute To Win It' task. Well, not really in a minute, and he may have sacrificed his forehead a few times.



Wish I had a video of
him!

7) Dim sum = Chinese tapas

8) Civil War re-enactments in Richmond on Lee-Jackson Day are normal occurrences.

No comments: