Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pull and roll

We are going to Hawaii in T - 6 days! While we're there, we plan to hike the Kalalau Trail. An 11-mile trail that "crosses above towering sea cliffs and through lush valleys" and ends at a secluded beach. In order to prepare for this adventure, Steve and I decided to get ourselves injured. That's right, injured. Steve unfortunately pulled his hamstring during a softball game on Tuesday, and I, subconsciously believing I was invincible, rolled my ankle (for the hundredth time!!) during a volleyball game this evening. I was fighting back anger on Tuesday night when Steve called to tell me he was at Patient First having the doctor examine his hamstring. Now, I'm fully embracing the anger, not at Steve, at myself. I hate getting injured! It makes me mad because I am limited and feel out of control. So, what do we do now? R.I.C.E. Rest, Ice, Compress, and Elevate. Wait. And pray. I really hope we're physically able to do this hike. We've got one week to heal. Here we go...

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Oh noo!! Get better!!!!