Sunday, June 9, 2013

House update

Entryway/hall
Before:



 After:





Office
Before:

After:





Kitchen
Before:



 Progress?





Guest bedroom
Before:

After:




Backyard
Before:




Progress:


--

A number of people have asked me how we're settling into our house and how the projects are going, I've responded by saying something like, "We're settling in ok, things are going well although not much is in order. We're making progress, but it is still somewhat of a work zone. All that to say, we are very grateful, and we're still having fun."

It dawned on me recently that I'm a lot like my house... inside is in disarray, unfinished and messy (believe it or not) in places, a work in progress. This basically describes my house and my heart. My priorities get mixed up all the time, I often do not think, act, love like I should, my feelings battle with the truth, I'm a work in progress. And I will continue to require improvements for the rest of my life.

I'm grateful that the Lord is so patient with me. Meditating on the way He graciously deals with a broken sinner challenges me to be patient with this house, which, at the end of the day, is just a house.

I/we have so much to be grateful for. Daily reminders of this truth help me resist the temptation to complain or stress.

We have so much to be grateful for. And in light of this, we have made a point to keep our doors open, to welcome others into our home amidst the unfinished and messy. Do I have to swallow some pride? Yes. Is it worth it? Absolutely! We would miss out on so much life if we waited until our house was "finished" to have people over.

So as I've said before and as many of you have taken us up on, Come visit! We'd love to have you.

Did I mention that we do not have a working kitchen at the moment? #renovations #DIY #moredrawers&counterspace


1 comment:

Meredith said...

It looks so beautiful Helene!!! Cannot wait to see it in person.