Thursday, May 30, 2013

The rivah

Before getting sucked in to the Memorial Day kitchen appliance sales, we took a break from house projects and purchases to kick back at the river house. Or the rivah as my mom likes to put it. Or the most relaxing place on earth as I like to put it. Just what we needed: a little sunshine and salt water. It was a gorgeous weekend as evidenced by the photo. My sun deprived self (it's only May!) avoided people photos. I, embarrassingly pale, couldn't bear to pose next to my beautifully tanned sister. Been there, seen some of those photos. I spared us all really. 

Speaking of my sister, we got to spend quality time with Natalie, and her boyfriend, Mark, as well as my cousin, Ryan, and his girlfriend, Allison. Good conversation and Kan Jam basically sums up the weekend. And margaritas. Oh, and even a little Ultimate Frisbee. You know it! I will be the first to admit that I could not beat Ryan in Kan Jam all weekend long. Rest assured, my competitive juices are still flowing, and we will rematch soon. Very soon. Steve & I did make Nat & Mark take the plunge into the river after an intense best of 5 series. We won by the skin of our teeth. Natalie and Mark owned in ultimate though. Mark also "owned" in stepping in dog poop, haha! We did our fair share of lying around and relaxing, but what's a holiday weekend without some healthy competition?

Penny also met her sista from a different mista (Too much?), Maho, Ryan & Allison's pup. The two have identical energy levels and look a lot alike. I wish I had a good picture of them. They swam and ran and chased and tugged for hours on end. They would probably consider the river the most fun & exciting place on earth.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Haha funny post!! Would love to have seen both pups in action (poor Riley). What is kan jam???

Unknown said...

Fogel family are huge Kan Jammer's :) Ready to bring that family competition to the lake house!!!