Sunday, May 5, 2013

Prime time (Home-ownership: A 30 Day Series)

Day 24: I thought I would tackle painting the guest room today, but I could not ignore the peeling walls of the dining room. I used the steamer we borrowed to remove the final layers of wall paper. I even sanded and primed.


Talk about a process! These walls require multiple steps of scraping, priming, spackling, sanding, etc. The picture above was taken after hours and hours of labor, and it's still not even close to being done. We need to use drywall mud to patch the holes/dents and even out each wall as best we can then we sand, spackle/mud again if needed, sand, prime again, paint trim, paint walls. This room will test my patience for sure. Glad to have at least the first coat of primer on. It looks far more pleasing to the eye than before. And after 2 hours of prime time, I may be a little higher than before.

Steve was busy today too, working outside on the fence all day. And what does he have to show for it? A gate!


We officially have a gate for our fence, and I couldn't be prouder. Just 224 more pickets to go and the Norris fence will be complete!

God is good.

No comments: