Friday, June 20, 2014

Humbled and thankful

This is me 3 weeks ago...


I'm bigger now if you can believe it. Rounder and fuller, really. Sometimes I stare at my own belly in the mirror in total awe, so I don't judge strangers who stare or little kids whose jaws hit the ground when I walk into a room. Usually, the belly is at eye level with these kids, and they're like, "Whoah!" I get it. It's a wonder. And I'm so humbled and thankful that the Lord has brought me to this stage of pregnancy. Just 7(ish) weeks to go!

The last few weeks have been filled with baby showers and nesting. My dear friends Kate & Katie threw me a shower here in Richmond, and my mom, sister, and cousin threw me a shower in NoVa. THEN Steve & I roll up to what we thought was a small group cook-out and SURPRISE it was another fun baby shower! We actually drove separately since Steve came straight from work, so the group shouted surprise twice. Steve was more confused than anything. He was like "Is it my birthday?" Each shower was special and unique and made me/us feel SO incredibly loved. Again, I found myself overwhelmed with thankfulness and humbled by God's grace through the support, love, and generosity of friends & family.

Some highlights from the showers: my house filled with good friends, hearing Steve's answers to the Baby Quiz (ex: At what point to babies begin eating solids? Steve: Like a cheeseburger? Umm, 18 months. Or what is a boppy? Steve: An extra large neck pillow.), reading Wishes to Baby Norris written by family members, lounging poolside, shower food (like bacon wrapped dates, BLT pasta salad, and lemon meringue pie), gifts! (I'm not ashamed to include this), and Baby Charade-tionary.

 Katie, me, and Kate

 Baby Norris is already spoiled

My pretty sister, Natalie, taking charge

1 comment:

daniel.and.stefanie said...

Aww so excited for you Helene!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your little baby! Love you!