There is so much we don't know... About babies and child rearing. Practically speaking, we don't know what real sleep deprivation is like, I'm unfamiliar with the challenges and victories of nursing, we've never experienced a blow-out or been faced with a wailing, inconsolable infant. And this is just the beginning. Further, we don't know what we don't know. Yet we've never been more eager to step out into this uncharted territory called parenting. We've prayed and waited for this opportunity, certainly not as long as some, but the wait has felt significant to us. And here we are with weeks (days?) to go. What I
do know is that even with all the unknowns, the Lord will provide what we need. He's already met us every step of the way, and more, he has provided for our biggest need. No doubt, I will have to be reminded of this truth. Remind me, please, when I'm in the throws, when I'm exhausted, grumpy, fearful, anxious, lost, desperate, done. Remind me too, when I feel like I'm getting the hang of things because surely that is evidence of
him providing.
For now, we continue to wait (and hustle to finish up a few projects around the house!). We wait with great excitement and anticipation to know this little guy/girl's name and face, needs and wants, likes and dislikes, and on and on. We are SO excited. Nervous? Yes. Clueless? Definitely (read above). But so unbelievably excited and thankful! Here we go...
Nursery closet
Dresser/changing table sanded, primed, painted, finished
Crib still in progress... times a tickin'
Boys taking a break from their hard work
Crib, we will finish you!
Oh, hello belly
No comments:
Post a Comment