One of my oldest and dearest friends, my cousin, Ryan, got married last weekend. We used to run around in diapers together, cruise in a Jeep Power Wheels, vacation with our families, dominate our younger siblings (we still do this), swim, run, ball, play capture the flag late into the summer nights, compete over who was taller (he eventually won). We even tee-peed someone's house together as teenagers. And as kids, we were in our first wedding together; me as the proud flower girl, he as the bashful ring bearer. I was incredibly honored when he & Allison asked me to be a part of their wedding party. I gladly said yes hoping pregnancy went smoothly and baby stayed cooking... their wedding day was 3 weeks before my due date. And thank God everything worked out, I even fit into my bridesmaid dress! Ryan & Allison looked fantastic and with full hearts pledged their love & life-long commitment to one another on a beautiful, not too humid July day on the eastern shore of Maryland. Friends & family gathered, ate, drank, and danced until past midnight on the wedding day. It was a great day and a great weekend overall. So many memories made. Now, the happy couple is honeymooning in Hawaii for 3 weeks while I wait to give birth for the first time, ha! Cheers to marriage and babies!
Wedding photos by iPhone courtesy of my sister:
The Oaks
Lovely setting right on the water
Bridesmaids and sistas
Stunning bride
Ready to walk down the aisle/dock
Me & my honey
Natalie loves photos like this :-*
Wove, twue wove
And apparently all the dancing did more than make my ankles swollen because as of today, I am 1 cm. dilated. Woohoo! It could be days or weeks from now, but things are progressing. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment