Baby Norris was just a glimmer in our eyes
I wish I had a photo of this room when it was packed with stuff including but not limited to: tools, paint, frames, lamps, wine rack, other random house decorations, kitchen appliances, wood, shop vac, hiking gear, Christmas decorations, and boxes that eventually found a home in the attic. Now, it is packed with stuff, baby stuff, that is neatly stored (for now) on shelves and in drawers & cute baskets. Reality will hit soon enough, but at the moment, I'm enjoying the neat, clean, even staged look of the nursery :o)
One more before photo:
Daddy painting after realizing glimmer = baby
And here is baby Norris' room:
Photos are a little dark, but you get the idea. Still need a light-bulb for the lamp, a rug, and a couple photos to fill the frames. I'm just glad THE CRIB IS DONE and decorations are on the walls. That's complete enough for me. I have a "nursing chair" (POÄNG chair from Ikea) in the office that I can move into this room if needed... keeping it put for now, it's right next door, quite literally. Very thankful for my hubby's hard work over the last few months & weeks. We hope this room provides baby Norris with many good memories and that he or she finds it a comfortable & safe place to rest, sleep, and play.
...
For those of you who appreciate source lists, here you go:
Crib & changing table: Craigslist (refinished by us)
Knobs on changing table: Hobby Lobby
Crib sheets: Pottery Barn Kids (thanks Mom aka Nana for buying!)
Rise & shine art: Jones Design Co.
Other art: Wrapping paper from HomeGoods
Frames: Michael's, Walmart, and gifts
Riley & Penny stuffed animals: Amazon (made by Aurora)
Everything else: Target

3 comments:
Nursery looks great! Cannot wait to meet that sweet babe in your belly!!! xo
It looks soooo good Helene!! Made me smile to imagine baby Norris in there!!!
it looks great! i totally relate to enjoying the "staged" look for a few months. i always think nurseries are so reflective of personal style, because it's a room you (typically) build from the ground up.
baby norris is going to love it!
Post a Comment