Here are some sweet, helpful, and funny comments about this stage of life from different friends...
"It's awesome to hold an answer to prayer."
I've thought about this one often as Sam & I go about our daily "routine." She is absolutely an answer to prayer, a gift from God. How reorienting to remember as I hold her and care for her.
...
"It's ok to let your baby cry while you shower."
Amen and amen.
...
In reference to my backpack diaper bag...
"Do you wear that in public?"
Umm, I'm in public now and yes! Ok ok, it's not super trendy, however it is practical. That's what I'm going for, practical. Also, Steve doesn't mind carrying it :)
...
In reference to me wearing said backpack...
"You could pass for a teenage mom."
I'm going to take that as a compliment.
...
"Sleep when she sleeps."
I've heard it a hundred times, and it is seriously good advice. All new moms should do this. Stop and sleep.
...
I think you'll know what this is in reference to...
"Is one hot and one cold?"
Kids say the darnedest things!
...
"Motherhood looks good on you."
Thank you! It feels good too.
...
And my husband tells me everyday that I'm a rock star and doing great. Those words are simply invaluable and help to keep me going on those particularly sleep deprived days (ahem, yesterday).
1 comment:
Sounds like things are going well! You are wise for taking showers, letting the baby sleep, and carrying a practical diaper bag! Way to go! Congrats :)
Post a Comment