Has it been one month already? No, it's actually been nearly two months! This post is a little delayed because you know... I have a newborn.
This past month or so has been full. We had many visitors here at the house. Also, baby girl took her first road trip to NoVa to visit family. She got passed around all weekend long and did so well with the attention. We kicked back one weekend at the river house and another weekend ventured out to the Virginia State Fair with Uncle Mike, Aunt Michelle, and cousin Cat who is about 5 months older than Sam. Call us ambitious. Sam has proven to be incredibly adaptable (so far). What a gift! We spend plenty of time at home but also try to get out at least once a day even if just to walk around the block.
I have a bajillion more things to share but honestly, do not have the energy at the moment. I will say though that we are thriving. Praise God! I've still had my fair share of mom fails like keeping her in newborn diapers for too long (she grows so fast! and I was in denial) and straight up forgetting the diaper bag... more than once. I need grace every day. Thankfully God is good to supply me with just that so I can care for my sweet girl. I'm loving being Sam's mom and spending our days together.
Here are some fun photos from the last month or so. As you can see, her hair and cheeks are getting fuller...
.............
Sam & Muttsy, my childhood stuffed animal
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

1 comment:
Oh please do come back with more details about baby Sam!! She is so so so sweet. I want to meet her!! Love the pictures and especially the one of you with her. Also I absoultely love you have your stuffed animal from when you were a kid!! My parents kept EVERYTHING but I'm not sure they still have my main stuffed animal anymore. I'm sure it would've migrated here by now if they had. I know you're doing an awesome job at this mothering thing!
Post a Comment