Today is Good Friday. It is good because "The great redeeming work is done." For you. For me. Christ died for sinners. There is a solution to our problem. A way to peace, joy, and life. Jesus said, "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." John 14:1-3
I urge you this Easter weekend to consider believing. Spoiler alert: it gets better... death could not hold Jesus. He died, but he lives.
“It is finished.” John 19:30
I urge you this Easter weekend to consider believing. Spoiler alert: it gets better... death could not hold Jesus. He died, but he lives.
“It is finished.” John 19:30
’Tis finished! The Messiah dies,
Cut off for sins, but not his own!
Accomplished is the sacrifice,
The great redeeming work is done;
Finished the first transgression is,
And purged the guilt of actual sin,
And everlasting righteousness
Is now to all the world brought in.
Cut off for sins, but not his own!
Accomplished is the sacrifice,
The great redeeming work is done;
Finished the first transgression is,
And purged the guilt of actual sin,
And everlasting righteousness
Is now to all the world brought in.
’Tis finished, all my guilt and pain,
I want no sacrifice beside,
For me, for me, the Lamb is slain,
And I am more than justified;
Sin, death, and hell are now subdued,
All grace is now to sinners given,
And lo, I plead th’ atoning blood,
For pardon, holiness, and heaven.
I want no sacrifice beside,
For me, for me, the Lamb is slain,
And I am more than justified;
Sin, death, and hell are now subdued,
All grace is now to sinners given,
And lo, I plead th’ atoning blood,
For pardon, holiness, and heaven.
Charles Wesley, Short Hymns on Select Passages of the Holy Scriptures (1762)
No comments:
Post a Comment