The only good thing about being sick = extended snuggle time
Classic Sam... left thumb in mouth, right hand twirling hair
Besides teething and sickness, the start of spring has been filled with visitors, races, and tiling for the Norrises.
We ran the Monument Ave. 10k and the Run for FUNd 5k to benefit our church's preschool. Steve summed up the 10k well when he said we were the least prepared, oldest, and coldest we've ever been. Truer words have not been said.
Sprint to the finish line!
The 5k was a fun one and ended in a photo finish. After a grueling uphill march our tired little pack of runners approached the finish line. Without warning (and after he had been complaining of his old, worn out legs), church elder and friend, Steve Byrd, flew by my right side at full speed, eyes on the prize (as documented by the photo above). Instinctively, I took off after him leaving my running partner who I told only seconds earlier we'd cross the finish line together. My true self revealed. Competitive juices flowing, we sprinted to the end. I think Steve got me by a toe. I told him I'm calling his bluff next time!
We've also had a few visitors over the last few weeks including my sister, Mom, Aunt Gigi, and my brother-in-law & his family.
Samwich
Bath time with cousin Cat! This photo will be shown at their high school graduation party.
Pony tail gang
We love visitors and are grateful to have the space to host out-of-towners. Let us know if you'd like to visit! Our recent visitors have been patient and understanding of the work zone that is the guest bathroom. Steve's been working hard to renovate it. Another slow process; however, this past weekend he finished tiling and installed the toilet! House projects are like teething, but just like those teeth are bound to come in eventually, these projects will be completed too. I know my hubby, he'll get the job done. It will most likely take three times as long as initially predicted, but it. will. get. done.
Tile away, tile away

No comments:
Post a Comment