

We enjoyed a fun-filled day in DC with the Norris clan this past weekend. The day included a brief visit to the National Museum of American History, tailgating in a parking garage (really just a quick lunch packed by Mama Norris), the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert (the highlight of the afternoon), a viewing of the National Christmas Tree and dinner at the ever-popular Fudruckers. I’m sure you all have heard the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on the radio at some point during the holidays. They provide a refreshing and exciting break from the usual Frosty the Snowman and Holly Jolly Christmas with their relentless electric guitar playing, intense symphony of strings and of course, the heart-pumping drums. Needless to say they put on quite a live show! Each rockin’ tune they played was accompanied by an impressive display of lights, flames, rising platforms, head-banging and more. It would have been sensory overload for any small child, but for us, it was incredibly entertaining. I especially liked the female vocalists dressed in black dresses, tights and high boots who unashamedly flipped their hair and “head-banged” just as hard as the long-haired men in the band. Brittany (who joined us for the concert) and I got a kick out of them! Most impressive was the fact that all musicians could concentrate and strike every note perfectly amidst the lights flashing, smoke rising and hair flipping. Unbelievable. I tip my hat to the Trans-Siberian head-bangers; I applaud them for their energy, for their precision, and I thank them for their far from dull performance that we all thoroughly enjoyed. Also, thanks Mom & Dad Norris for your initiative in getting the family together… good times were had by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment