Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lent, a wise tradition

Our church observes the Lenten season during which we are encouraged to examine our hearts in preparation for Easter. As I considered how I should prepare for, undeniably, the greatest Christian holiday, Easter Sunday, a day to remember, rejoice and give thanks for the most monumental event in history, the day that Christ conquered DEATH, the day that sealed the deal for all who believe in His name that we may experience glory forever one day ...exhale... I thought to myself, what is Lent anyway? Why don't all Christians take part in this tradition? Why don't I observe Lent? Why don't I celebrate Easter with a more serious yet joyous attitude?

To help me, and others, with these questions, our church has posted some literature at http://wepc.org/leten-downloads. The dowloads are extremely helpful and offer a solid and biblical perspective on Lent, Easter and a Christian's heart condition. After reading, I certainly have gained a new outlook on Lent and will be glad to observe it this year and years to come.

No comments: