Pronounced: modge-nick. What is it? I'm glad you asked... Modgnik is a retreat for Jr. & Sr. high school students which focuses on God's calling for our lives here on earth in light of eternity. It's also KINGDOM spelled backwards :) For more information on the retreat itself, click on the link above.
This past weekend we took 11 students from our church youth group to this retreat at Young Life’s Rockbridge Alum Springs camp. In one word: AWESOME. The weather, the activities, the place, the teaching, the skits, the food (yes, even the food), and the fellowship! Let's first just give the Lord a huge shout out for coming through with some amazing weather. My skin is especially grateful for the sun as it was in desperate need of a little color.
My friend, Amanda, and I represented the female leaders on the trip, and we had a great time connecting with our group of girls. There was a lot of laughing, story telling and simply getting to know each other better. We also enjoyed some quality cabin time where we discussed the talks (or sermons) we heard throughout the weekend. The teaching was done by a delightful Scottish pastor who was very real and true to the Word. He spoke on the truth about Heaven and what that means for us. He was clear, related to the audience and drove home some very important scripture. We all enjoyed listening, and his talks spurred on good conversation.
Saturday's free time was filled with sports, indoor & outdoor. Students and leaders competed all day in the Modgnik Olympics. Naturally, I gravitated to the basketball court. Our team (Argentina) won the 3 on 3 tournament!! Props to my girl Nou-Nou and the Strait boys who represented WEPC. Also, Anastasia impressed us all with her killer ping-pong skills! Her slam could make boys cry :) Everyone did great! Although I enjoyed the sports especially ballin' on high school boys, I must say, my favorite part of the weekend was Bobby! He was a flamboyantly dressed bull fighter in one of the skits whose mannerisms and remarks absolutely cracked me up! I wish I had a picture of him to share. He never lost character and was downright hilarious! Anyway, I'm so thankful for such a fun & fruitful weekend.
2 comments:
yay modgnik!
Hey Helene! It's funny what you said about me.
I'll see you tomorrow night I hope.
P.S. Ping-Pong Killer...
Post a Comment