Thursday, May 14, 2009

So long MCI

Steve's time at Medical Careers Institute was short-lived. We were unquestionably grateful for the opportunity, but his daily tasks were not at all what he expected neither were the management or the ethics of the department. After a month of making 80+ phone calls a day to lukewarm leads and being consistently hounded by management for turning in low (but honest!) numbers, he called it quits.... but not before landing a sales job at Cintas! We certainly think this outside sales role is a much better fit for Steve's personality and gifts. When he put in his notice at MCI, they told him to pack his bags......... and they'll pay him out 2 weeks! So Steve gets another spring break of sorts while I sit here chained to my desk, luck guy. Needless to say I'm slightly jealous, but my pride in Steve's character and work ethic along with my thankfulness for God's further provision far outweighs my momentary jealousy. I'll climb out of this pit of boredom soon enough. For now, I will soak in the convenience and flexibility of my job and be glad for Steve's exciting opportunity.

No comments: