Thursday, May 21, 2009

Job loss strikes again

I regret to inform you all that, indeed, job loss has struck again in the Norris home. On Monday of this week, my employer informed me that they no longer had the money to pay my salary so they were eliminating my position. It was a bittersweet departure as I was comfortable with my work environment but bored and dissatisfied with my daily responsibilities. I'm absolutely ready for a change, for a new and fresh opportunity, but the uncertainty of what comes next is slightly daunting. I'm confident that the Lord will provide as He has done so before specifically with Steve's job(s). BUT the biggest disappointment is that our aggresive debt payoff is once again put on hold, hopefully not for long. Please be praying for our situation and my heart, and let me know if you have any ideas, leads or contacts as I begin the dreadful job search. For now, I will cash in on my vacation days, thank you very much, and consider this time a blessing.

2 comments:

Me said...

Wowzers! sounds like you guys have had quite a tumultuous time with your jobs! You are in my prayers!

Elissa said...

We are praying for you Helene! Bryce had a lot of fun hanging out w/ Steve this weekend at the Bachelor party. How's the job situation?