Friday, September 18, 2009
Cut the cards
Well, it's official, we are OUT of credit card debt! There is a deep sense of relief in the Norris home as we can say with confidence that we have conquered the $16,000 mountain that loomed over us for the past few years, and we will never make that climb again! I share this not to boast, woe to me if I should claim this accomplishment as my own. I share this to proclaim that God provides, and I'm not just talking about money, although He certainly did that. I'm talking about diligence, discipline, wisdom, perspective. In many ways I am thankful for the debt we had. We have learned a TON about budgeting, priorities, stewardship, giving, saving, etc. It's challenged us to think biblically about finances, and it's challenged us to live simply, and you know what? Simple is right where we want to be, right where we should be, debt or no debt. Be sure, I'm thankful for NO debt at least no credit card debt. Again, what a relief! Thank God too for all persons and employers who helped us in this feat namely Aerotek, Maycor, HomeVestors, Doug Lewis, Domino's, River City Sitters, Medical Careers Institute, Cintas, and the Rais; they gave us opportunity to work, to earn, and to pay off our, frankly, irresponsible debt. And THANK GOD for Dave Ramsey, for his biblical wisdom and practical advice that really spurred us on to make necessary sacrifices now in order to cut the cards for good. If you are currently paying off debt, check this guy out, and be encouraged because it is possible, "for nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my gosh CONGRATS!! That's a HUGE accomplishment!! Give yourself a pat on the back :)
Post a Comment