Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bummer

Welp, the most recent diagnosis is a probable ACL tear. My response to the doctor was simply, "Bummer!" The injury occurred one week ago while playing flag football. I went up for a pass, landed on two feet, and felt my knee cap slide out and back in. It sounds like what I really felt was my ACL snapping, ugh. I collapsed in pain, but be sure, I still caught the ball. I was sidelined, as I mentioned, for the whole week, unable to put any pressure on my right leg. I couldn't walk and couldn't drive and to top it all off, Steve was out of town for the whole week on a business trip. While immobilized, my wonderful Mom came down to Richmond to take care of me until Steve came home. She was great! She served me diligently and selflessly, cooking meals, grocery shopping, doing laundry, cleaning dishes, walking & feeding the dog, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, driving me to multiple doctor's appointments, and spotting me as I crutched my way around. I'm so grateful for her service, for her love. And despite the injury, I'm glad that we were able to spend that quality time with one another, it was priceless. And Riley sure enjoyed time with Lola, my mom's mini Yorkie, I'd say it was puppy love. While it is a huge disappointment to be injured, I know it is good. It certainly doesn't feel good, but I know it is good as God's plan is perfect. This injury has slowed me down, forced me to give up control and allow others to serve me, taught me patience, and greatly humbled me. I'm doing my best to lean on the Lord and enjoy and learn from this time of rest. At this point, I have some mobility and can walk slowly with my transformer-like knee/leg brace. I have an MRI on Tuesday and a follow-up appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon on Friday. I'll keep you all updated on a final diagnosis and the recovery process.

1 comment:

The Kriegers said...

Pole Sana Helene!.....(ie very sorry)

We miss you guys!