Saturday, October 3, 2009

Diagnosis

Official diagnosis of the knee injury:

- torn ACL
- sprained MCL
- minor Meniscus damage

I have surgery to replace my ACL scheduled for Tuesday, October 13th. The MCL should heal on its own with time, and the doctor may or may not need to operate on the meniscus; he will find out during surgery and will repair it if necessary.

I will be out of work for 2-3 weeks assuming there are no complications in surgery and my body recovers normally. I will be in physical therapy for 4 months, and I will not be able to play sports until after pt is complete. Even then, I must wear a knee brace to protect from re-injury.

And, the kicker is... I can't drive because it's my right knee! All I can do is trust God to see me through this and remind myself that He is good all the time even when life doesn't feel good.

1 comment:

The Felts Family said...

I'm sorry about your knee :( I'll be praying for a quick recovery!