Thursday, November 12, 2009

Milestone

My first milestone in recovery was driving! After riding passenger for over a month, I was very ready to take the wheel. I felt like a 16 year old girl all over again, giddy as I hopped in the driver's seat, over-eager to press the gas. It was easy to pick up even after some time had passed. Now, I'm glad to be on the road again, and I feel comfortable, safe, and free! My next achievement, although seemingly small, was in fact quite significant to me. I haven't been able to bend my knee past 90 degrees until now, and I proved my progress by pedaling full circle on the bike at physical therapy! It's such a good feeling to do aerobic activity even if it's a minimal amount. And cycling is great because I put very little pressure on my knee, but I am able to really get my legs moving. Next, I start work.......

1 comment:

Elissa said...

yeeeeeeah girl get it