Since being injured, I've had lots of time on my hands, and quite frankly, reading is not the first thing I would typically turn too. For whatever reason, I've been uninterested in tv, bored with magazines, and only mildly entertained by dvds, soooo what else to do but read (and sleep). Right after surgery I asked my dear friend Weslie to bring over some books that I might be interested in, so she did, not really believing I would actually crack them open (she knows me all too well). I eventually did crack open one of the rather intimidating paperbacks filled with hundreds of pages, and... I was hooked! So far I've read not one, not two, not three, but four books! And novels no less. Now, I read and not out of obligation but out of pure enjoyment.
Monday, November 16, 2009
I read
I know, it's almost unbelievable, but believe it friends.
Since being injured, I've had lots of time on my hands, and quite frankly, reading is not the first thing I would typically turn too. For whatever reason, I've been uninterested in tv, bored with magazines, and only mildly entertained by dvds, soooo what else to do but read (and sleep). Right after surgery I asked my dear friend Weslie to bring over some books that I might be interested in, so she did, not really believing I would actually crack them open (she knows me all too well). I eventually did crack open one of the rather intimidating paperbacks filled with hundreds of pages, and... I was hooked! So far I've read not one, not two, not three, but four books! And novels no less. Now, I read and not out of obligation but out of pure enjoyment.
Since being injured, I've had lots of time on my hands, and quite frankly, reading is not the first thing I would typically turn too. For whatever reason, I've been uninterested in tv, bored with magazines, and only mildly entertained by dvds, soooo what else to do but read (and sleep). Right after surgery I asked my dear friend Weslie to bring over some books that I might be interested in, so she did, not really believing I would actually crack them open (she knows me all too well). I eventually did crack open one of the rather intimidating paperbacks filled with hundreds of pages, and... I was hooked! So far I've read not one, not two, not three, but four books! And novels no less. Now, I read and not out of obligation but out of pure enjoyment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
helene, that's great:) i'm glad you've found that you love reading. Just as you said in Sunday School (or maybe it was youth, i don't remember), maybe everything seems all wrong, but God has a plan for little things like reading:)
Hi Helene. How are you? I miss you guys. Have you seen the movie Kite Runners? I have and I love it, I thnk you should watch it if you haven't seen it. You can just email me, because I kind of stopped blogging. =(. Say hi to everybody from me.
God bless you.
Post a Comment