Monday, January 4, 2010

Braceless

After the go ahead from my physical therapist, who, by the way, believes my knee is healing well and progressing right on schedule, I decided to go braceless for the weekend! I was sure to be cautious as I was out and about, and my knee did really well. I've been instructed to wear my brace when I work with the kids and when I'm walking long distances on uneven ground like on a light hike... other than that, wearing the brace is up to my discretion. I'll definitely have to wear it when I play sports again, but that reality is still a few months away. It actually feels good to have the brace off. Without it I can actually wear women's jeans and skirts (not that I love wearing skirts). As I continue my exercises and walking around during the day, I can really feel my knee getting stronger and more flexible, and my stamina is even improving! I'm not a totally worthless bump on a log when I get home anymore! Steve is glad for that :) I still have a ways to go, as I mentioned, but I'm feeling confident. I have no doubt I'll be able to walk/run the 10k at the end of March! Currently, I'm biking and using the elliptical for cardio... I can't run (or jump or kneel), but I'll get there eventually with continued diligence, discipline, and prayer because I know I can't do this alone.

No comments: