We made the long, exhaustive trek from Richmond to Philly last weekend. Although, this time traffic was not so bad. We made good time and actually enjoyed the ride! The key was leaving on Thursday night. We spent the weekend visiting with Steve's family and soaking in the R & R that we depend on and that all Norrises highly value :) While up there, we exchanged overdue Christmas gifts and celebrated Steve's birthday. It was a joy to see all members of the immediate family, and we made sure to spend intentional time with everyone (our primary love language is unquestionably quality time, can't you tell?).

Also, Steve and I served the whole family by making chili one night. Mama Norris was able to surrender her kitchen for the evening as we took over (although she still managed to whip up a batch of brownies while we weren't looking, how did she do that?). Also, I rekindled my love for doing puzzles as we put together a 1,000 piece Thomas Kinkade. Steve was digging the couch more so than the puzzle. One afternoon, Barb & I ventured into Amish country to get our fill of jams, butters, coffee, and kettle corn at Kitchen Kettle Village, a very yummy day trip!

Later that evening, the "kids" went to see Avatar in 3D. What a wild movie! I've never seen anything like. It was weird, no doubt about it, but I admit, I was thoroughly entertained. It was also fun seeing a whole theater sporting 80s style glasses. On the way home, an idea was born... summer vacation to the Grand Canyon and California! Plans are in the making. We'll keep you posted (literally). I crack myself up!
No comments:
Post a Comment