Bike

Run

Tri!
I completed my first sprint Triathlon and loved it! I had knee pain throughout the race due to the plica problem mentioned below, but I was able to push through it and really enjoy myself. The race included a 400 meter swim, 12 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run in that order. I did it along with some other friends from our home group, which made the whole experience really fun! Also, my mom came to cheer me on, so it was super encouraging to see (and hear) mom and Steve at each transition. I would definitely recommend the Napier Realtors Richmond Sprint Triathlon in Midlothian, VA to anyone who is interested in doing a tri for the first time. The atmosphere and the people made the race. Oh, and the weather, which was awesome, cool & sunny. I'm already looking for another tri to do early next year!
3 comments:
helene - when i first saw this i thought you were going to be talking about your first trimester pregnant! haha. i guess i have babies on the mind since so many of our friends are pregnant. congratulations on doing your first triATHALON :)
Haha! It does kind of imply pregnancy.. I changed the title to eliminate confusion :) Miss you guys!
that's awesome!! You inspire me!
Post a Comment