As a follow-up to yesterday's post, I share this with you: in the midst of struggling and failure and frustration, I can choose joy. I can choose joy primarily because I know I am loved. I'm loved by God. I'm loved by my husband and others. And this knowledge has power to instruct my behavior and attitude. I am loved, and I can choose joy. Today, I choose to "sing" with joy.
Why? Because...
What does this look like today? Well, for starters, refusing to complain or nag because Steve will be working some today, thanking God for blessings and his love, going to Costco by myself for the family and leaving my bitterness behind, soaking in the sun and lingering warmth of summer. So... joy, let's do this.


2 comments:
This post was an encouragement to me today! After a bad night's sleep and a long couple of days ahead, as I ran (in the pouring rain - which I love) this morning I remembered your simple title of "choosing joy" despite my circumstances. Oh HOW He loves us!
Amen. So glad to hear this encouraged your heart. Love to all the Whites!
Post a Comment