Friday, October 4, 2013

Color Me Rad



This 5k had potential to be awesome or terrible. In reality, it was a bit of both. What made it awesome: Julie, my race buddy for 3 years running (I crack myself up!), the weather, the route through Kings Dominion theme park including a stretch through Dinosaurs Alive! (hilarious), the weather, people watching, the race t-shirts and shades, and the weather. What made it terrible annoying (that's the word): guy with the microphone, the wagon at the front of the first wave, race was not timed, and color to the face. I think Julie would agree that we could have done without the cornstarch-filled color bombs thrown in the air at the beginning. Oh, and the color hose sprayed in our ears. The color was fun if it was aimed at our bodies not directed at our faces or mindlessly thrown in the air. Also, tip for runners, be in the front. Would I do it again? Probably not. Am I glad I did it once? Yes. Now, to continue training for the Richmond half :o)

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Hahah I could do without colored cornstarch in my face, too! Funny post :) So glad you're doing the half, forgot to check in which you'd chosen to do!