Thursday, February 10, 2011
Homesick
I was feeling a little homesick this month, which is weird for me. I mean, I love my family and all, but I usually don't get all mopey and sad about being away. I think part of it was due to not being around for the holidays. Anyway, Riley & I decided to make a visit to NoVa this past weekend while Steve stayed in Richmond and kicked it with the guys. It was great to be around family, just the familiarity was so refreshing. We enjoyed a doggy play date with the Fogel labs, Carly and Willy. I wish I had a video of Willy running like a banshee back & forth behind this tree line while Riley mirrored his every step daring him to pop out from safety. It was quite entertaining! Meanwhile Carly was romping around trying to get one of the boys to pay attention to her. I also went bowling with my Dad over the weekend and got my best score ever, a pretty 166! Not to mention that Dad whooped my butt 2 games earlier bowling 5 strikes in a row in the last few frames. The Lord kept him humble though... as he rolled the ball down the lane attempting an unprecedented 6th strike, it veered straight into the gutter missing all pins by a long shot, haha! Another great part of the weekend was meeting my Mom's cousins from Massachusetts! I've heard so many stories about my Mom and Maureen, in particular, and all the trouble they got in and all the fun they had. It was great to finally meet her and hear even more stories! It's definitely confirmed that my Mom is one of kind and has always wanted to be the leader, in charge and in control (well, I know who I get that from)... love you Mom! I had a great time, but I'm glad to be back home in Richmond with my hubby. More family time is to come, Nat's visiting us this weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment