Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Sick sick
In my last post I was homesick, now, I'm sick sick. I woke up feeling awful yesterday morning, so rather than wait to see if I improved on my own, I went straight to the doctor's only to be diagnosed with a double whammy: the flu AND strep throat. It has been miserable to say the least. I told Steve today that I feel like a bunch of mean little kids strapped me to the road then lined up down the street on their bikes and one by one ran over my neck. The body aches, especially around the neck and upper body, are bad, really bad, but the worst is my throat. Now that feels like someone lodged a flaming torch deep down in my esophagus! It's painful to breathe, swallow, and talk :( I've also experienced chest congestion and a stuffy nose that refuses to clear. Despite being painfully ill, I have managed to enjoy a few things such as... snuggling with Riley, watching some of my favorite movies like A League of Their Own, and eating meals like this cooked by my loving husband. I hope to feel better soon, so I can enjoy the good things that much more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment