Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Overload (Home-ownership: A 30 Day Series)

Day 5: Our bodies and minds have been on overload, physically working hard and mentally running through the project lists over & over again trying not to forget anything. I'm worn out, and it's only Day 5. I know things will settle down, and we'll settle in. I'm trusting the Lord to help me be ok with the unfinished and again, to grant perspective. Projects are great, updates are important, but they are not the end all be all. I've been preaching this to myself each day. I think it's helping :) And as my husband wisely reminded me, we are blessed to have a roof over our heads, a firm foundation beneath us, but further, a God whose foundation is stronger than any house and who does not fail, grow weary, need updating or improvements... a God who loves us when we fail, grow weary, and need MAJOR improvements.

Also, it dawned on me, we have to move too! In just a week and a half, which means we have to pack and clean our rental house. Eek! It's been rather neglected this last week. I'll start with doing the dishes.

God is good.

1 comment:

snorris said...

Thanks for doing the dishes.