Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The trim is white (Home-ownership: A 30 Day Series)

Day 6: The trim is white! (This could be the next Macklemore song title). The trim is white, brown-free, bright, clean, and hopefully more durable than before. BIG thanks to Ed Knight who helped remedy the trim issue and ease my anxiety. Richmonders, if you're looking for a reliable, quality paint contractor, Ed is your man. He also gave me some tips on how to remove the three layers of painted over wall-paper in our dining room (have I mentioned that yet?) and what type of paint to use for our walls. Feeling very thankful today.

Also, in light of the sixth anniversary of the shootings at Virginia Tech as well as what took place in Boston this week, I'm reminded that I have much more to be thankful for than just white trim. Much, much more. People have lost family members and friends. People have been devastated by evil acts, their world rocked in an instant. I struggle for a right response...

I grieve along side my fellow man, my fellow Hokies, I remember, I wear orange & maroon to honor, I pray, I look forward to the day where there will be no more tears, no more hurt, no more brokenness, and I'm thankful for what I've been given. This still doesn't feel like enough sometimes, like I should feel or do more. But it's not about me at all. I know One who can ultimately sympathize, who sees and knows pain, who in perfect love moves toward people, and who promises to redeem this mess of a world.

God is good.

No comments: