Sunday, April 21, 2013

The help (Home-ownership: A 30 Day Series)

Day 10: Spent most of the day painting. Our colors are all a lovely neutral. Some may think neutral is boring. We certainly don't. Beige and beautiful, that's my motto. Not really. That sounded weird. Moving on...

We were blessed by the help of more friends today. Also, two high school boys from our youth group came over on their own initiative and basically said, "We're at your service. Tell us what to do, and we'll do it." What!?!? Are you serious? All parents of teenagers are scoffing right now. Although this may be a rarity in your home, believe me, this happened.

So I put them to work. They cleaned out the attic, moved boxes, cut down shrubs, and scraped wall paper. Parents: I did not bribe them. In fact, I doubted them when they showed up, but they worked hard and were an immense help. Contrary to popular opinion, teenage boys are not completely worthless.

Very grateful. God is good.

No comments: